History and Background

history

Established in the Old Town of Stratford upon Avon in 1933, the School moved to its present 30-acre site in 1986. Situated on land originally occupied by a large residential farm, the School Campus has been developed to provide a pleasing mix of modern, purpose-built classroom blocks, and imaginatively converted farmhouse and associated buildings.

The Thornton Family bought The Croft in 1981, and three family members currently teach in the school, with the original vision continuing as a strong thread throughout the School s highly successful development into the 21st Century.

The late Tim Thornton's interests and hobbies are evident. A Geology Museum provides an exceptional resource for Geology lessons, and a superb train collection is available to children through the Train Club, now organised by his eldest son, Sam.

The day to day running of the School is the responsibility of the Headmaster, Mr Marcus Cook.

Increased pupil numbers have been matched by a building programme, to ensure facilities meet the needs of today's educational requirements.

The Croft Preparatory School
Alveston Hill
Loxley Road

Stratford-upon-Avon
Warwickshire
CV37 7RL

© 2015 - 2017 Croft Preparatory School. v17.0317